10 Things About Me:
1. I can say the Greek alphabet in 4.2 seconds.
2. My favorite movies of all time are Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Goonies, A Christmas Story, and Life is Beautiful. However, after having three kiddos of my own, I can no longer watch Life is Beautiful without sobbing uncontrollably.
3. I like to bake, especially with my three budding little chefs.
4. I like peanut butter on my hot dogs. My husband thinks that's fairly disgusting. Hey, don't knock it until you try it.
5. I used to want to be a 5th grade teacher.
6. I graduated from UMKC with a bachelor's in English. Have I used my degree? If you count teaching my children proper English, then yes, I have used it.
7. Jesus and my family are my strength. John 3:16
8. My favorite book of all time: Pride and Predjudice.
9. My first camera: a Minolta...and I thought it was the snazziest thing on planet Earth.
10. Truly, I love taking pictures. It has been a passion of mine for years. And if I can make you happy with what I capture, then I have succeeded.
My passion for photography started simply enough: I had a baby boy. My camera was glued to my side, and there are thousands of pictures of all of my children now to fill dozens of albums.
I took photography courses in college, but I'm proud to say that I'm a self-taught photographer. My vision comes from within. I will make you feel at ease during our portrait sessions so that I may capture the true image of you, your family, your baby, or your beloved pet. My style is relaxed, and each session is unique.
I don't like to manufacture moments. I prefer to be a bit behind the scenes. I think that is when people can let their guard down and show their true colors. Life isn't a series of planned moments. And it is my hope that my photography style will catch every little thing that is precious to you.
I love to capture moments. Let me capture yours.
*Photo courtesy of Jen Miller Photography.